WordPress Strongly Encourages Site Users to Update Immediately
On 16th May WordPress announced their latest security and maintenance update WordPress 4.7.5. The update is immediately available to all WordPress users.
WordPress versions 4.7.4 and earlier had security issues such as;
- Insufficient redirect validation in the HTTP class
- Improper handling of post meta date values,
- A lack of capability checks for post meta data,
- A CRSF vulnerability in the filesystem credential dialoguE
- A cross-site scripting vulnerability when uploading large images and in relation to the Customizer
The update also includes 3 maintenance fixes.
Ultimately, it is imperative that all WordPress users update their WordPress versions to 4.7.5. Thus avoiding likely security problems resulting from the vulnerabilities in the previous versions.
Existing CuroHosting Customers
All WordPress websites hosted by CuroHosting have maintenance and updates automatically implemented as soon as they are released. Find out more about CuroHosting’s Managed WordPress Hosting packages or contact us for more information.